How to keep your Christmas Tree looking Amazing!
A well-cut, properly maintained Christmas tree can last 5 weeks or longer if you take these simple steps to maintain it.
See our Christmas Tree INTERESTING FACTS at the bottom of the page
1. Fresh cuts are critical!
A fresh cut can make a difference in several weeks of life! Not only does this help balance the tree, but ensures the tree can properly absorb water through its only means (the trunk) as opposed to it's leaves when in nature.
Before you bring the tree into your home and place it in a stand. You'll need to re-cut the trunk at least one inch from the bottom just before putting it in the stand.
Pro Tip: If you are unable to set up your tree when you get home, store it in a cool sheltered area like the North side house, away from the wind and sun.
2. Pick the right spot (no heat)
Heat sources like air registers, space heaters, fireplaces, wood stove, televisions, computer monitors, lamps can accelerate evaporation and cause moisture loss of the tree.
Pro Tip: If lighting the tree, use a low heat-emitting light like LED. This will not only keep the tree alive longer, but prevent dried leaves from catching on fire!
3. Water early and often!
The goal is to have a tree that looks healthy throughout its stay, hydration is the key! After making the fresh cut, place the tree in a large capacity stand with Luke warm water. The stand you use should hold at least one gallon of fresh water.
4. Don’t add anything to the water.
Don't spend money on products claiming to extend the life of your tree. Research has shown that plain tap water is the best. It's unfortunate, but some commercial additives and home ingredients can actually decrease a tree's moisture retention and increase needle loss.
5. Check water level daily.
Do not allow the water level to drop below the fresh cut or the stem will begin to reseal and the tree will be unable to drink (its only access to water). Christmas trees are seemingly insatiable and it's not unusual for a tree to drink 2 gallons of water the first day it is the stand!
Pro Tip: Set up a daily reminder on your phone!
CHRISTMAS TREE INTERESTING FACTS
1. The Nordmann Fir is considered the leader among Christmas trees
2. Ninety-eight percent of all Christmas trees are grown on farms
3. The U.S. has nearly 15,000 Christmas tree farms
4. Decorating Christmas trees with lights began with Martin Luther
5. Christmas trees were once hung upside down (in Europe)
6. Many people recycle their real Christmas trees (over 4k programs)
7. A Christmas tree can take up to 15 years to reach typical height (6' to 7')
8. Using evergreen trees to celebrate the winter season occurred before the birth of Christ
9. Since 1966, the National Christmas Tree Association has given a Christmas tree to the President and first family.
10. An acre of Christmas trees provides the daily oxygen requirements of 18 people
Here is a list of Just a few of our trees we carry: Medjools, Phoenix Dactylifera, California fan palm, Pindo, Sylvester, Mediterranean fan, Pygmy, Queen, Live oak, Red Oak, Bald Cypress, Green Ash, Mexican Sycamore, Bottlebrush, Cedar Elm, Magnolia, ect. We are Houston's largest nursery (20 acers). If you are in the market for large or small trees this is where you want to come. You'll get to hand pick the trees and if you need, we can even install them for you. We offer the best warranty in the industry and we actually stand behind our work. We are Veteran owned! Come by and see us today!
#landscape #Medjool #install #poolscape #Nursery #pool #HTX #houstonpools #hgtv #Houzz #custompools #luxurypools #customhomes #gardendesign #landscapedesign #outdoorliving #outdoorspaces #garden #outdoordesign #katylandscape #sugarlandlandscape #tomballlandscape #TheWoodlandsLandscape #SpringLandscape #PearlandLandscape #GalleriaLandscape #DowntownLandscape #HoustonLandscape